The Palm Beach County Seminole Club awards two $1500 scholarships to a community college graduate who is entering either their junior or senior year at FSU.
1. Any person who has been a resident of Palm Beach County for at least 1 year prior to the effective date of a scholarship term is eligible to apply.
2. All applicants must be graduates (or about to graduate) from a Community or Junior College and be entering their junior or senior year at FSU. A letter of acceptance should be attached.
3. A student may apply as often as wanted, but can only receive the scholarship one time.
4. A copy of your current transcript should be attached.
To be considered for the academic year 2013-2014, this application must be completed and returned with one letter of recommendation from a recent instructor and one letter of recommendation from someone well acquainted with you. Deadlines will be announced at a future date.
Scholarships awarded based on review by the Scholarship Committee, subject to verification of facts from FSU.
RECIPIENTS ARE SELECTED ON THE BASIS OF:
1. Financial need
2. Academic Potential
3. Involvement in civic, athletic, professional & educational organizations
4. Letters of recommendation
2013 Scholarship Recipients
"Dear Members of the Palm Beach County Seminole Club,
I want to thank you for the scholarship given to me. Your scholarship means the world to me and I can't thank you enough. May God richly bless all who made it possible and I can't wait to join you when I am home.
"I would like to send my extreme gratitude to the Palm Beach County Seminole Club for giving me the opportunity to receive this scholarship. It is an honor to represent Palm Beach County as well as Florida State University as one of the two students coming out of Palm Beach County and attending this great university. This money will go a long way into helping me achieve my goals and dreams and I could not be more thankful. GO NOLES.
All of our applicants are excellent students and citizens, which only made our decision a difficult one. We wish these new students the best. GO NOLES!